Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Right On The Money Joe...

..."inclement weather" is a crutch used by the non-contributors to do what they do best - NOTHING but they can do it from their homes rather than show up at their workplace. The vast majority will showup and at least they have paid their right to bitch and complain.

Joe O’Connor: Toughen up Toronto. It’s winter. It snows


Oh my God. EVERYONE PANIC! Red alert! Red alert!

I am not really old enough to be a cranky old guy. I am not even old enough to say cranky old guy stuff, stuff like: back in my day we used to walk six miles to school, barefoot, in a blizzard, while being pursued by a pack of baying wolves.

I am, however, old enough to say that Canadians, at least Canadians living in Toronto and parts thereabouts, appear to have gotten soft when it comes to the snow. If you haven’t heard: a storm is heading straight for the centre of the universe. Environment Canada has labelled the system: “a near-blizzard.”

Not a full blizzard. Not even a big, bad, look-out-below blizzard, but a “near-blizzard.” Twenty centimetres of snow is expected to fall. How much is 20 cm? It’s the height of a beer bottle. (I know. I measured.) Or if you are reading this on the fly — it’s the height of your BlackBerry, times two. That is not a near-blizzard. It’s a Tuesday night in Calgary. Read More »

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive