Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The Ones Who Should Be Censured Are...

News for indian giverCBC Pundit Censured for “Indian Giver” Comment

The famously brash O'Leary used the term “Indian giver” during a heated exchange with his co-host Amanda Lang about the potential takeover of Saskatchewan's ...

1) INDIAN BAND LEECHES
2) PETTY ASS POLITICALLY CORRECT BEAURACRATS

Lorne Gunter: Audit of band’s finances underlines need for accountability


As near as I can tell, the federal Indian Affairs and Northern Development department is at war with itself over whether or not to hold First Nations bands accountable for the billions they receive each year from Ottawa. About a third of the department’s bureaucrats favour greater transparency and accountability – regular outside audits, reporting of band politicians’ compensation, subjecting native governments to access to information laws and human rights complaints. The other two-thirds adhere the politically correct view that it is culturally insensitive to demand answerability – to do so amounts to an almost-racist accusation that the band councils cannot be trusted to manage their own affairs.

But as a taxpayer, I want transparency. Ottawa spends $8 billion to $11 billion annually on aboriginal programs, more than $3 billion of which is sent directly to band councils. I want to know what my money is being spent on and I am no more concerned for the cultural sensitivities of First Nations bands than I am for the bureaucratic sensitivities of federal departments and agencies subjected to scrutiny by the Auditor General. Read More »

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive