Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Minor Inconvience? Matter Of Personal Circumstances...

...I am a senior on fixed budget and do 95% of my financial business on line but an emergency arose which was greater than the resources in my emergency/rainy day fund  and I cannot make a claim because hardcopy documents have to be presented and the company I am dealing with is not located in Toronto. Minor inconvience? But it raises the question of what do I, and probably many other seniors, do without until we can make our claim.

Lorne Gunter: Tories choose the path of least resistance in postal strike

The government's missing a good opportunity to allow more private competition in mail delivery.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why the Conservative government wants to involve itself in the Canada Post lockout. There are far more benefits from not getting mixed up in the dispute between the dying Crown monopoly and its overpaid workers.

Almost no one cares that the mail is not being delivered. So there is little to be gained politically from passing back-to-work legislation, unless the government is looking to defuse an ugly situation before it becomes ugly (although there was no indication the postal lockout would ever have become ugly).

No doubt there are small businessmen and women (and some large businesses, too) whose invoices and payments have been disrupted. I also know a woman who is impatiently waiting for word from an exclusive pre-school about whether her progeny has been accepted. And our kids are waiting for tickets to an event that may already have occurred by the time the tickets arrive.

 Read More »

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive