Monday, June 24, 2013

TRYING TO STAY SUMMER TRENDY!

How high should a man roll up his pant legs for summer?

The question
What do you think about rolling up pant legs by an inch or two? Too messy a look for anything but jeans?

The answer
Suits have shrunk. The jackets are shorter, the trousers hemmed sometimes so short as to reveal a quarter-inch of sock.
I am not at all thrilled by the trend. I don’t think little-boy suits are flattering, no matter how fashionable they are. In particular, I don’t like the way the short jackets show off your belt buckle, not to mention a triangle of shirt and the end of the tie, protruding from under the bottom button. I have a feeling the look will seem extreme in 10 years’ time and, like the bell-bottomed suits of the seventies, will be forever categorized as one of those what-were-they-thinking moments in fashion.

Try it with slim white jeans, lace-up brownleather shoes and a navy blazer and you’ll look like a photographer with a yacht.

Novelist Russell Smith’s memoir, Blindsided, is available as a Kobo e-book. Have a style question? E-mail style@globeandmail.com.

Men's Summer Fashion Mistakes

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive