Monday, November 14, 2011

Different Strokes...


Hashtag of the Entitlement Generation

At first I thought that this was a joke. It's not. Here's the opening post:

Hi guys, I am a disillusioned traveller and even more disillusioned couchsurfer who is returning to Vancouver because of a complete lack of enthusiasm and lack of desire to be anywhere else, and have decided that after decades of paying taxes it is time for me to start collecting welfare. Anyone been on the dole? Know how to make a successful application?
It's now crystal clear why my hometown has become Loserville.
:-(

Update: A female Chinese-Canadian friend of mine moved to Vancouver from Singapore about 4 years ago. Publicly, she had something very interesting to say about the Occupy crowd:
Instead of camping out and protesting about the inequality and differences between the upper/middle/lower class income, protesters could spend those times looking for jobs. One job is not enough, do two jobs, three jobs, etc.. Do one full-time, and freelance at home, or do two part-times, and some freelance.. That's what I did during the one year I was looking for a full-time position. Economy's bad, is just an excuse. If one is willing to, there's all sorts of jobs around. When I first arrived in Vancouver, I would go to people's houses by myself and cleaned their houses for them as maids, and they would pay me in cash (while I was studying full-time). You would gradually work yourself up.. even if it means swallowing your pride or dignity, dirtying your hands, etc... Gradually, if you did a good job, people would recognise your efforts and help you out. It's all about the attitude.
Take a moment to envision the entitlement junkies in the Occupy tent cities and ask yourself what percentage of them would likely be willing to clean houses?

Posted by Robert at 1:06 PM Comments (8)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive