Sunday, June 24, 2012

This Would Be Humourous If It Wasn't So Typical

Jonathan Kay: Mass student protest in Toronto draws seven people
.
Last Updated: Jun 22, 2012 10:43 PM ET


Toronto student protest: Stand back, don't everybody crowd in at once

..On my way to a noontime event in Toronto, I came across this protest outside Bob Rae’s constituency office. [Correction: As commenter David Reed notes below, the office in question, while used by Bob Rae, is also that of Glen Murray, provincial minister of Training, Colleges and Universities. I should have mentioned this, and regret the oversight in my original post — JK]
It’s an anti-tuition demonstration, called in sympathy with Quebec’s student protesters. The Montreal strikers were able to block entire streets for a time, but then summer came along and the turnout has dwindled somewhat.
Probably not to the sad level of the Toronto event, though. I counted seven people.

Their slogan: “Students. United. We’ll never be defeated”


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive