Sunday, December 05, 2010

More Power To This Soccor Mom...

...and I will wait for an invitation to her child's school on Career Day! She might be able to assure me that the woman plying her profession in my apartment building, especially if she is from eastern Europe, is not being exploited or the young girl giving me a manicure at the local mall chose her career and is free to leave and become a soccer mom.

Today’s letters: What is good for these women is good for us all


Re: Prostitution Ruling Stayed In Ontario, Dec. 3.

Today I am a soccer mom. I am also a former prostitute, with over 20 years of experience in the sex industry. Canadian laws do nothing to curb prostitution, as they are rarely enforced and the penalties for “communicating for the purpose in public” are laughable (a conditional discharge or small fine).

If these laws are struck down, the idea that hundreds of young women are suddenly going to take to the streets to sell their bodies is ridiculous. Street prostitution is confined to the margins of society. Mentally ill, drug addicted and homeless — people who are not terribly concerned about spending a couple hours in jail for selling sex in order to get through one more day.

The vast majority of prostitutes today work indoors. There is a brothel in nearly every strip mall, and an incall spot in nearly every apartment building. You will never really know they are next door, because it’s bad for business to be anything other than extremely discreet. Read More »

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive