Sunday, December 05, 2010

Valid Position John...

...but the aricle heading should read The Sins Of The Majority. Those classifying themselves as Christians is around 79% while those that have no religious affiliation is approximately 19%, and the vast majority of these are "agnostic" rather than atheists so is it that wrong for the majority, who are paying the freight. want to promote their beliefs.


John Moore: The sins of the faithful


“Why do atheists care what other people believe?” asks Kelly McParland in a recent posting. Well Kelly, it’s not that we really care what the faithful believe it’s that we object to much of what the faithful do.
McParland compares belief in Allah and God to his misplaced faith in the Toronto Maple Leafs. “I know what it is to put one’s faith in something utterly hopeless. I realize the hours spent trying to figure out what’s wrong with the team, and why it is so perennially disappointing, are all wasted. But big deal. If I want to waste my time on the Leafs, it’s my time.”

True, but there isn’t a lobby to place Leafs souvenir books in our schools. Nor are children dragged against their will to Leafs games. There are no legislators whose guiding principles are derived from the question “What would Harold Ballard do?” Read More »

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive