Saturday, April 28, 2007

Final Blast At The Environment....for today

Green Blues
Friday, April 27, 2007

About the best thing I can say about the Conservative government's "Green Plan" is that it will probably do less damage to the economy than a Liberal "Green Plan."

But that's cold comfort.

The fact is we are no longer debating whether we should implement a dopey treaty; we are now debating how much we should wreck the economy.

That's not a good road to go down.

No matter who wins that debate Canadians will be forced to shell out; and for what?

Let's face it, the Tory plan will do nothing to halt "global warming" and it will do nothing to impact on global weather conditions.

No plan would have an impact. We could de-industrialize the whole country and live in dark cold caves and it still wouldn't make any difference.

The only reason politcians are pushing this "Green" junk is to win votes.

It has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with wooing the "Suzuki Nation."

Me I preferred the Liberal approach.

Talk about the importance of Kyoto but do nothing.

That's one Liberal policy I wish the Tories would copy.

Labels: environment kyoto

posted by Gerry Nicholls @ 11:57 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah. The old greedy bastards are worried about short term pain.

Well there's a lot of young people, who aren't interested in living through a serious depression caused by not acting quick enough. And if that happens, you can bet we will all be pissing on your grave.

Unhypentated Canadian said...

That is possible but my instructions are to not plant grass but rather use interlocking brick with proper drainage. I do my bit and probably could do more but I am waiting for you members of the Suzuki Nation and Goreaholics to step up to the plate with more than just rhetoric.

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive