Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Recognizing The Sacrifice

Of blessed memory

The Jewish student organization Chabad on Campus has established a Librescu Family Condolence Page in honor of slain professor Liviu Librescu. Librescu was the 74 year-old Holocaust survivor who gave his life to delay the Virginal Tech shooter and give his students time to flee the gunman.

Those wishing to pay their respects can go to the page and leave a message which will be forwarded to the Librescu family.

Labels: Virginia Tech Shootings

# posted by Lemuel Calhoon @ 12:09 AM

Comment:I happen to be a fan of Girl On The Right and have to thank Magoogle for posting this.......

Good Point
Though I rarely, make that almost never agree with the extremeist right wing rantings of Girl on the Right, she couldn't be more correct in this posting. I wish I'd thought of it. She makes an excellent point, and she's 100% correct.

They don't make men like this anymore

Why was it a 77-year-old, and not a 20-year-old?

My father asked, when 14 women were murdered by Marc Lepine at Ecole Polytechnique on December 6, 1989, why so many girls could be shot while the "men" stood by and did nothing.

Yesterday a 77-year-old engineering professor, Liviu Librescu, a Holocaust survivor, blocked a doorway to protect his students. He was shot to death. His manly and able-bodied engineering students hid behind desks and jumped out the window.

Professor Librescu, this is why you survived the Holocaust. This was your purpose, and you fulfilled it admirably. Thank you, and rest in peace.

They don't make men like you anymore.

I quoted the entire post because to cut any of it out does an injustice to the statement she made, and I couldn't say it better anyway.

Now back to disagreeing with 99% of her stuff and throwing things at the monitor as I read it :).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive