Friday, June 22, 2007

More Diversity Than I Need

Pushing the envelope on being "alternative media."

The cashier hands me my change , gives me a wide grin and lays on that old familiar sign-off. "Thank you, sir," she says brightly. There was a time when...
I've been cross-dressing since i was very young, maybe 11 or 12. Of course, in those days it was purely fetishistic I'd snag a pair of Mum's undies and masturbate....
Trans people so often need to complain of and resist inappropriate or humiliating treatment at the hands of health practitioners. Today I'd like to do the opposite appreciate and note...
The ghosts of the barn/stables still lurk at Church and Granby. It looks as tacky as ever, with its bright yellow paint and larger-than-life gay cowboys holding hands for Molson's...
Marrakesh, Morocco -- referring to his time in this Muslim country, the late British playwright Joe Orton called it the "Costa del Sodomy." Morocco, which is officially Islamic, criminalizes homosexuality....
Bronxville, New York -- I am tingling; my heart is beating fast as I lead the Maghrib (sunset) prayer here at a Sarah Lawrence College hall at the very first...
I could celebrate pride all week end and never venture east of Bathurst, thus avoiding certain Pride certainties: watching wayward pee drip down my leg while using a porta-potty, growing...
I not only live in the heart of the gay village; I reside in its left ventricle at Jarvis and Maitland. It's certainly been an interesting journey getting here. When...
A week before the official pride parade, with its big rainbow flags and expensive floats, another queer festival in the west end is showing its true colours. Queer West Fest,...
added content more online: audio interview clips

Leaving his tiara at home, chris Ambidge is going to miss Pride this year for the first time in two decades. Instead, he's going to parade in altogether different attire,...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive