Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Canadians Cheering The Passage Of TORCH...

...Olympic Committee cheers souvenier sales.

Adrian MacNair: Vancouver's authentic made-in-China cheap aboriginal knock-offs
Posted: December 21, 2009, 2:15 PM by NP Editor

I suppose I’m just not surprised any more when I read about how starry-eyed dreamers who partnered up with VANOC are now having their world come crashing down to a cynical reality. Native artists in Canada were buoyed by the news that the Olympics wanted to use homegrown artwork in the Olympic Games, hoping it would promote their tiny industry. But now they say that while large corporate sponsors are making money, they’re barely going to break even as their artwork has been “stolen” and shipped to China for mass-production.

A First Nations B.C. arts seller is accusing Olympic organizers of stealing the authentic aboriginal product brand and corporatizing it. Shain Jackson, owner of Spirit Works Ltd. contends that if you google “authentic aboriginal products”, you’ll wind up on the VANOC site selling T-shirts. It’s true, you will.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive