Monday, June 28, 2010

TO Makes World News...

Chatter: What we're hearing

News Desk
To receive the morning chatter by email, let us know at editors@globalpost.com.

Need to know: Kyrgyzstan is holding a referendum on a new constitution amid fears it could inflame ethnic tensions. The proposed constitution would give parliament more power and set the stage for a general election in September.

Want to know: The NYTimes begins a series chronicling the yearlong deployment of the First Battalion, 87th Infantry Regiment, based in Kunduz Province, Afghanistan. It will examine the battalion’s part in the surge in northern Afghanistan and the impact of war on individual soldiers and their families back home.

...and you have to love the headline:

Dull but important: Black-clad demonstrators broke off from a crowd of peaceful protesters at the global economic summit in Toronto Saturday, torching police cruisers and smashing windows with baseball bats and hammers. Police arrested more than 150 people.

World Vision activists
World Vision activists dressed as "pregnant with promises" G8 leaders demonstrate ahead of the G8 and G20 summits in downtown Toronto, June 24, 2010. (Christinne Muschi/Reuters) Click to enlarge photo

G20 preview: What to watch for in Toronto

Expect cops. Lots of them.

...Girl On The Right:

There are riots in downtown Toronto. Windows have been smashed and a police car set on fire. Not that I have any real issue with rioting…
In fact, if you are a Metallica fan and you have the video set A Year and a half in the Life of Metallica, chances are you’ve seen me, standing in front of a flipped police car, brushing my sweat-soaked hair out of my face.
However, I’m not 16 any more. And in both riot cases mentioned above - the GnR riot and the Stanley Cup Riot - I never went there with the intention of wreaking havoc. I went for entertainment purposes. Things just kind of… happened.
G20 protesters, on the other hand, come here with no other purpose than hell and destruction. My city is under siege, and I am resentful.
g8 g20 protests 20100626
I don’t want Obama here in Toronto, but only because I think he’s unqualified to be president - not because I hate America. I don’t want a security fence in my downtown core, but only because I have no patience for anarchists. And I certainly don’t want my civil rights suspended just because I walk in the wrong place at the wrong time - but again, those decisions can be traced back to the anarchists.
I can’t put it any more clearly than “get the fuck out”, can I?
Posted by: Right Girl
Just because: Madonna's embrace of Jewish mysticism has transformed Israel's bohemian hub.

Wacky: Stressed-out city executives looking to get away from it all have the chance to buy their own rural village in New Zealand, complete with a pub and population of 40.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive