Thursday, October 28, 2010

Optimism grows over Ford's election


Peter Kuitenbrouwer: Wednesday I pedaled over to Kensington Market, epicentre of operations for besieged sophisticates, to gauge the mood. Lo and behold, people are optimistic — even calling Mr. Ford’s election an opportunity

...I don't think you will find a more diverse mix of people and they come from all parts of the city.

Kelly McParland: Latte futures plummet as Toronto contemplates Ford mayoralty

...invest your money in Tim Hortons, Country Style.

Dan Arnold: One right-wing mayor won't change Toronto forever

...I will accept a little tilt to the right where I can walk 100 yards downtown without being accosted by a panhandler or homeless person, where I hear about a beauracrat/department head being fired when there are screwups in tendered work, where people on social assistance contribute a few hours a week to help cleanup their neighborhood, where as a citizen I am allowed to help beautify my neighborhood without having the unions hollering and screaming, where councillors hold an all day open house every month where their constituents can go and bitch, etc.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive