Monday, May 16, 2011

Human Rights Tribunals To Setup Division For Your Dogs, Cats, Gerbils, Et Al.

Paul Russell: Readers not ready to embrace animal rights; anti-Semitism still lurks


The National Post has never been known as a leading advocate of animal rights. So when a front-page story on Tuesday detailed how the Journal of Animal Ethics wants people to stop using the term “pets” (we should call them “companion animals”) and avoid animal-based analogies such as “eat like a pig” and “drunk like a skunk,” National Post letter-writers were transformed into busy beavers, who made a beeline to our letters mailbox with notes of concern.

“I have never before been exposed to such hogwash (yes, I said it) on the front page,” wrote Tracy Goldfarb. “Your article, ‘Humans Urged to Stop the Name-Calling,’ is not only absurd, but it’s most definitely not newsworthy. Read More »

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive