Saturday, December 29, 2012

Attawapiskat: ‘It hasn’t changed in decades ... I don’t think it ever will’

Rosie Koostachin has raised children and grandchildren in Attawapiskat, almost left the reserve once when times were bleak. But she stayed, citing her love for her wilderness home.
Spencer Wynn/Toronto Star

By Raveena Aulakh

This isolated Cree reserve is unsustainable in the long run— yet the people here love their wilderness home deeply.

I think we have to commend Rosie and those who hold the same views  and I guess that they expect you and I to feel guilt and spend the resources to drain the cesspool on an annual basis rather than move to a new area. Rosie doesn't realize that many, many of us non Indians move to a new location when conditions in our present location doesn't meet our satisfaction and believe it or not WE pay for that right.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive