Saturday, December 22, 2012

Why Do I Not Applaud Her?

Possibly because she gives Christianity second class status. I will, and do, respect the traditions of our diverse and divisive society but I will continue to wish people Merry Christmas, decorate and display Christmas trees in public buildings (btw other faiths can petition to have their symbols displayed), approach seeing manger displays, etc. etc.

‘Political correctness is diluting Christmas’: Sikh MP

National Post Staff | Dec 20, 2012
 

Postmedia News Files
Postmedia News FilesConservative MP Nina Grewal

Conservative MP Nina Grewal, a Sikh who represents a Vancouver-area riding, said the following in a statement made to the House of Commons:

“Political correctness is diluting Christmas in a well-intentioned but [unnecessary] attempt to be inclusive.

How can we as a society join together to celebrate Diwali, the Chinese New Year, Hanukkah and Vaisakhi but at the same time rob Christians of the true meaning of Christmas? As a Sikh, I am not offended when Christians celebrate Christmas in a traditional way. Rather, I am pleased to celebrate with my Christian friends.

True diversity means respecting the traditions of all Canadians, including those of the Christian majority.

Please join with me in wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas.”

Christams is a good season for appreciating our common Christian tradition

 
 
Humanity has been improved by the widespread belief that God created man, and that the real deity takes an active interest in human affairs.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive