Tuesday, April 16, 2013

FROM TWO LADIES WITH "BALLS"

...Angry Babushka & Angry Black Lady!

Writing About Race


42 Movie
My daughter Claire, who’s 11, said to me the other day that she was disappointed to learn that the new movie about Jackie Robinson, 42, is rated PG-13. See, as if she wasn’t already just about the most amazing child ever to live, she’s a baseball fan, too, and she’s particularly fascinated by Jackie Robinson’s story. So she wants to see the movie, but was afraid she wouldn’t be allowed to because of the rating. I told her that it probably got that rating on account of some rough language, given the subject matter, and that maybe it would be okay for her to see it. Let’s wait and see some of the reviews first, I said.
But, see, here’s the thing. I’m not really all that concerned about the PG-13 rating or the language. She’s a smart kid, and I don’t believe in shielding her or her brothers from reality. As long as they’re mature enough to handle it – and she is – I want them to know the truth about this country we live in.
Continue reading

April 14, 2013

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive