Friday, September 25, 2009

GIGO

That's a wrap on the plastic fight

A little item from earlier this week asking why we pay for plastic bags, yet get styrofoam food containers for free stunned me with the response.

Cathryn Gray wrote to demand I pull my head out of the plastic wrap.

"Who lines their composter with plastic?" she wrote. "Wrap your leftovers in newspaper and deposit in a bin.

"Next, you don't need Mr. Gladman (for your garbage). Use the wax paper bag you throw out after your cereal is done. Be proactive with your takeaway; have a container for them ready to hand over to them instead of dealing with styrofoam.

"Doesn't this make sense?"

Well, I've been told

And I've been helped. My friends at Tupperware, Donald Duench and Ruth Demirdjian-Duench on McCaul St. came through with fancy, collapsable Tupperware.

I took it to the St. Lawrence Market and grabbed some pasta yesterday. The server filled me up without question and I think I actually got extra pasta out of the deal.

No waste either. But it is made out of plastic...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive