Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thank Gawd For Small Blessings......

In Toronto we don't have to worry about "brainstorming," with the operative being brain, occurring at Toronto Silly Hall.

Bye bye brainstorming

I just came across this the other day.

I just have to shake my head. The inmates are clearly in charge of the asylum.

Council bans brainstorming

Brainstorming has undoubtedly generated some bolts of brilliance and flashes of inspiration over the years.

But in genteel Tunbridge Wells, the council decided it might lead to the traditionally Disgusted residents of the town becoming Offended as well.

So now the expression brainstorming has been banned. And in future, meetings to generate new ideas will be referred to as ‘thought showers’.

Brainstorming, first coined in the 1890s, was used by psychiatrists to refer to severe nervous attacks. And although since the 1940s it has meant a meeting to produce new ideas, councillors are concerned it may prove offensive to epileptics.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive