Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Harper Takes The High Road While Chretein......

.....is still Chretein. I am sure there are people who support Cretin and if I run across any, possibly in the The Daily Worker, I will post them.......

POINT OF VIEW: Harper right about OIympics
Former PM Jean Chretien stepped off the golf course yesterday long enough to blast Prime Minister Stephen Harper for not attending the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics.
Full Point of View

China gets 77 protest applications, approves 0
Bill Schiller 27 min. ago
At least 77 applications seeking police permission to protest in Beijing during the Olympic Games have been submitted to Chinese authorities since Aug. 1, government officials revealed yesterday.

And you should see our doughnuts


This is definitely from the “glass-half-full” school.

Beijing is awash with flags. You can’t moved five feet without bumping into a flag (especially in the smog, which is really just mist, of course). There are 205 competing nations, tens of thousands of athletes, and zillions of excited fans, all of them eager to wave their home flag, and maybe a few others as well.

But Canada has the biggest.

The flag, in the athletes’ village, falls six stories from an apartment building and is 45 feet wide

“That flag is huge,” according to Calgary gymnast Kyle Shewfelt. “It’s giant. It’s our beacon. It makes you feel like you’re at home. As soon as you see that big Canadian flag, it’s like, ‘Ahh, I’m here.’”

So there you go. Winning medals we’re not so good at. But we have a B-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-g flag.

Chretien on Harper and China
Reading this, I couldn't help but be reminded of this:I don't know about you, but I'm actually proud that we no longer have a Prime Minister who feels the need to kowtow to dictators.
The Langhjelm Letter |


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive