Thursday, August 21, 2008

He Didn't Campaign For Fatherhood So.....

Mayor On Explosion Absence: I'm A Father First

Wednesday August 20, 2008

They're bold words from a mayor the city hasn't seen much of in the past week.

David Miller announced Tuesday that the intensive clean-up of the neighbourhood surrounding the Sunrise Propane blast will be finished by this Sunday.

He also revealed the reasons behind his absence and his failure to attend the funeral of Bob Leek, a firefighter who died helping in the stricken neighbourhood.

"One of the things my family was doing in B.C. was celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday with my relatives so I think everybody understands that as a father you have to be with your daughter when she's turning 13," he explained.

"And I spoke both to the family and the firefighters as soon as I knew the date and said I wouldn't be able to stay," Miller added.

That wasn't good enough for some area residents, who weren't satisfied with his reason.

"I think as a mayor and a public figure that he should have been where he was needed," counters one Torontonian.

More

Mayor's vanishing act flops
Miller helps open Filmport studios but his own act ends up dominating the reviews

By SUE-ANN LEVY

Mayor David Miller made his post-holiday debut at yesterday's splashy $20,000 opening of the Filmport Studios to inform all of us that it was "an extraordinary moment" for the people of Toronto.

Full Column

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive