Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Is Prayer The Answer?

John Ivison: God give us a majority, of any stripe
Posted: May 05, 2009, 5:25 PM by NP Editor

When the House of Commons degenerates into the politics of the sandbox, it is helpful to remember that there have always been days like these. In his valedictory address in 2000, former Canadian Alliance MP Lee Morrison said that he wouldn’t regret leaving what he called a “totally dysfunctional institution”.

“I will not miss the thrill of making a well-researched speech in a virtually empty room. I will not miss long hours on irrelevant ministerial-guided committees. I will not miss the posturing,” he said.

Yet, even for jaded, long-time observers of the House of Commons, the current antics are disturbing - perhaps because all the party leaders have so recently pledged to make Parliament work. On the contrary, the nation’s assembly is guided more than ever by tribal prejudice, at the expense of the general good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive