Saturday, February 27, 2010

NDP Squatters And Waterfront Condo Owners Find Ally...

Michael Armstrong: Air Canada files suit against Porter's success
Posted: February 26, 2010, 1:30 PM by NP Editor
  Re: “Air Canada takes aim at Porter” (Feb 10);   “Porter Airlines unveils new digs at island airport” (Feb 23) Oh, Air Canada; I know you really want to resume flying from downtown Toronto’s Island airport. But as much as I’d like to, I can’t get enthusiastic about the lawsuits you’ve filed against Porter Airlines and the Toronto Port Authority, the Federal agency that runs the airport. Maybe I’m missing something. Is this about fairness?  Porter currently has the island all to themselves, and naturally you want them to share. But just kilometers away at Toronto’s Pearson International airport, you’re already flying six times as many departures as Porter runs off the island. And your biggest jets hold five times as many passengers as do their little turboprops. That’s not good optics: It’s hard to get public sympathy when you look like Goliath going up against David.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive