Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good News! Bad News!

Jonathan Kay: Canada's left loses another radical voice
Posted: April 21, 2010, 2:00 PM by Kelly McParland Filed under: Jonathan Kay
I doubt this will register as epic news outside of Toronto. But it has just come to my attention that Antonia Zerbisias is no longer writing a column for the Toronto Star. Her March 31 effort -- a not untypical Zerb rant against the evils of Canadian foreign policy -- informed readers that "This will be my last column for The Star's Living section. Thanks for reading, and for writing. Stay tuned for news of my next assignment for The Star." (Her subsequent piece, published in April, describe her as a "Feature Writer.") I have no inside knowledge of why Zerbisias lost her column. It may have something to do with the fact that in the last few years she has become frighteningly obsessed with two narrow issues: (1) the supposed horrors perpetrated against Palestinians by Israel, and (2) her conspiracy theory that male patriarchs everywhere are plotting to end abortion rights and cast Canadian women back to the stone age -- neither of which were a particularly good fit for the "Living" section. But it may also be that Zerbisias simply got tired of the columnist grind, and wanted the freedom to write features. (She still has the outlet of Twitter, on which she is inhumanly voluble.)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive