Friday, July 23, 2010

Diversity A Lost Cause When It Comes To Sports...

Tasha Kheiriddin: Niagara ad campaign provokes Toronto the peeved

  July 22, 2010 – 11:30 am
 
BTW When It Comes To Towers Think Dubai

As a born and bred Montrealer, by all rights I should hate Toronto.  I spent thirty of my forty years in la belle province, most of them on the island of Montreal, and will always consider it home.  Now a resident of the GTA, I still miss the smell of Mont Royal in spring, real bagels, the ability to live and work in two languages, even the piles of snow as high as your waist.
Despite this, I can’t bring myself to hate Toronto, where I spent six memorable years.  When I moved back to Montreal in 2006 after a decade-long absence, I brought with me a Maple Leafs T shirt given to me by friends as a “don’t forget us” parting gift.  I wore the shirt on moving day, a fitting tribute to my former home (it was also one of the few items not packed in boxes). As I rounded the corner of Sherbrooke Street to buy the moving men a cold drink, I got hissed at by a man walking past, and booed by another fellow waiting at a bus stop.  Bienvenue, indeed! Read More »


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive