Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Have Had The Same Thought

Not a day goes by that we don't hear of a massive effort being taken to find/rescue someone who chose to put themselves at risk and wasn't there a report in the last day or so about a death among a group of CARE volunteers.

Just wondering...

Everest on his mind
He's proof that you are never too old to reach for the sky.

At the age of 69, Werner Berger has done it six times already, scaling the highest summits on six of seven continents. And now only Mount Everest stands in his way of becoming the oldest North American to have summitted them all.

At an age when most are looking to perfect their golf game, the wiry business consultant with the boundless energy is working out six days a week and sleeping in a high altitude tent to prepare for his ultimate adventure. "I believe my age has nothing to do with my abilities. I don't even know what being 69 years old feels like."

Good for him. Grey power. Etc. Etc.


If a 69 year old man deliberately puts himself in danger, climbing a mountain that would be a threat to people half his age, thin oxygen, lack of services, etc. Why should my OHIP be used if he injures or damages himself on this climb? Shouldn't there be some type of responsibility involved when accepting social medicine plans? I'm sure he has travel insurance, but what type of lung and body damage will this climb do, that taxpayers will be on the hook for?

Just wonderin'

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive