Thursday, May 24, 2007

Joke's On You, Canada

It wasn't a poll.

It was an IQ test.

Charles Adler: Canadians are telling his firm that they think that it's a good idea to negotiate with Afghanistan's Taliban insurgents as a way to end the violence. this poll was conducted for CTV and the Globe&Mail and there was almost two to one support....

[...]

I know some people would object to the question, but let me ask the question anyways - does everyone know who the Taliban is? [...] Were any of the people participating in this poll told that the Taliban have been known to chop people's heads off?

Tim Wollstencroft, Strategic Counsel: That would be ..ah ah.. that would be provactive and would probably be viewed as a biased question.

CA: My guess is that it would be informative, you see my guess is that if Canadians knew that the Taliban engaged in this kind of thing, they would think they're not the kinds of people who you can negotiate with.

TW: ah ...that might be that these are tough guys, but in the end these people are going to have to be talked to or dealt with in a diplomatic manner.

CA: You're saying you the pollster have decided that's what ought to be done and then you ask the question, is that the point?

[...]


CA: Let me just ask you Tim, and forget the poll - what do you know about the Taliban?

TW:That's not my job, my job is to get ah an accurate measure about whether people think that Canada should negotiate with the Taliban, yes or no.

CA: But what do you say to someone who says, "you know what, been down there and I know what the Taliban is all about and the question is preposterous".

TW: Ah.. well it's not preposterous ...

Listen to the whole thing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive