Sunday, May 27, 2007

Throwing A Temper Trantrum Works

Disruption railroads Tory government
From the Native point of view, this blockade was anything but counter-productive
By TED BYFIELD

There's an old saying, often repeated by my wife in dealing with children -- or sometimes with me -- that goes: "Successful behaviour will be repeated."

Most people eventually come to understand it, but apparently our federal government is not among them.

The saying means, of course, that if a certain behaviour gets people what they want, they naturally will tend to use it again. The kid may yell and go into a tantrum to get something. Admonish him as you will for this conduct, what will determine whether he does it again is whether it works.

Did he get what he was after? If, despite your disapproval, you gave it to him, you can expect further such performances. Successful behaviour will repeat itself.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive