Thursday, May 31, 2007

Human Rights & Equality Set Aside


For members of the designated groups. Personally I see their point, although I am not sure what they are ashamed of, but I wonder what would happen if I refused entry to one of the chosen few?

Montreal gay bar under fire for barring women
Updated Wed. May. 30 2007 7:44 PM ET
CTV.ca News Staff

A "truly manly meat market" in Montreal has been slapped with a human rights complaint for barring women from the premises.

Bar Le Stud -- it offers the above description in an online Yellow Pages ad -- has operated in Montreal's gay village for the past 11 years.

Audrey Vachon recently went there with her father Gilles and sat down on the patio with him for a drink. A bar staffer told him that women weren't allowed, not even on the patio.

"On the spot I didn't believe it, I thought it was a bad joke," Audrey told The Canadian Press on Wednesday. "I didn't say a word until I'd left. I was too shocked. I was embarrassed, I was humiliated, I felt guilty that I'd even gone there, like I'd done something wrong."

Vachon said it's the first time she's been asked to leave someplace because she's a woman. She has filed a complaint with Quebec's Human Rights Tribunal.

Jean-Marc Cardinal, a gay man who works next to the bar, was okay with the policy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive