Monday, May 28, 2007

Another Wait & See Initiative

I commend the youth that are organizing this event but I have some questions. How many gang members will be at the event? Will they be addressing the need to fight the gangs or will this be another give us $$$$ event? Will they be addressing the need for the community, young and old, coming forward when violence occurs. Does anyone really believe that there were not members of the community who did not know who shot Justin?

Moving positivity into the Malvern area
By SHARON LEM, SUN MEDIA

Success is possible even in a neighbourhood like Malvern, which has often been labelled as crime-ridden, community leaders say.

The Malvern Community Coalition is hoping a June 9 conference for everyone who lives in the area will have a positive and lasting impact.

"Malvern's got a bad rap in the media about gangs, gun warfare and crime and the Malvern Community Coalition wanted to do something uplifting to empower residents to develop learning skills to achieve success," said Carl Anthony John, a youth volunteer with the third-annual Malvern in Motion conference.

"For this year's conference there's a shift in the event towards youth, but adults are invited. I'm a Grade 12 student and I'm co-chairing it. It's an event for youth organized by youth," John said.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive