Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Today's Iggy Moment


Kelly McParland: Ignatieff did the right thing. Now he should do it again
Posted: July 28, 2009, 10:45 AM by NP Editor

I'm so hopelessly naive when it comes to politics that I actually think Michael Ignatieff made the right decision in avoiding a summer election.

He shouldn't have threatened it in the first place, making himself look bad when he eventually backed away. But backing away was the correct thing to do, given that he had no platform, no distinguishing policies (Employment Insurance, don't make me laugh), no campaign team worth the name, little experience as leader, dubious finances and no sign of public support.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive