Saturday, July 25, 2009

You Are Like Most Of Us Old Farts Dick.And Mike....

Do you ever use the extra features on your toys?

We have a very basic microwave oven yet it has special settings for pizza and popcorn. Never use ‘em. Don’t even know how to use ‘em,

My cell phone --- again, a basic model --- has games, a calculator, a timer, a camera and, for all I know, settings for pizza and popcorn. I used the camera once...out of curiosity.

My video camera does all sorts of tricks like a kaleidoscope and mirror images and sepia. Never used one of ‘em. Likewise my digital SLR. Likewise the CD player I just installed in my boat. Likewise the TV set... Likewise, my wrist watch which tells the time in seven languages... It goes on and on...

And clocks. Why do they build clocks into everything? If I have a wrist watch that tells time in seven languages, why do I need a clock on all these other things.

Maybe I’m the exception. Maybe some people do use all this gimmickry.

But somehow I doubt it.

Posted by: Dick Smyth

Growing Up in the Best Generation!

To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm ...

[ READ MORE ]

Mike Stafford

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive