Wednesday, July 29, 2009

To Comrade Miller's Credit He Spends And Spends And Spends


Mayor's remark not world class
July 29, 2009

Re:Yonge and Bloor public square

would be 'amazing,' July 27

I am struck and dismayed by Christopher Hume's comments on the future of the Yonge-Bloor intersection. He quotes the mayor as saying that Toronto does not have a tradition of public spaces. Here we have Toronto in a nutshell, and why it fails to be a first-rate city.

This is why Toronto does not have the transportation system that it needs, or the waterfront that it deserves. For the past 50 years, city councils have taken the attitude that if it costs money, they do not want to do it.

World-class cities do not just happen. They are planned and built, and then the people come to visit and enjoy them. I pray for the time when the city has a mayor with both vision and leadership who will guide Toronto toward achieving its potential.

Peter M. Leighton, Toronto

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive