Thursday, September 28, 2006

Let's See What Beth Is Up To On Her Blog,,,

I abhor political correctness not because it is wrong but because inevitably the "rights" of one group will supersede the rights of anyone who crosses the line. How many times have you heard of a broadcaster, journalist, public figure, etc. castigated for making a comment about a member of one of the designated groups; ie: blacks, feminists, disabled, indians, gays/lesbians, et al, but I don't recall any member of one of the designated groups be held to account for comments for similar remarks about a member of the white "race." Personally it doesn't bother me one iota as I have my self esteerm locked in place.


But on a regular basis you hear bleatings about; "They picked on me because I'm _ ________."


Tags: , , , , , ,


WARNING:  STRONG LANGUAGE

There’s a reason why I’ve put up the “explicit content” thing. If you’re going to be offended by words that even I don’t use, pass by this post because I’m using them–but to make a point.
Now that that’s out of the way… (Beth's Comment)


Burn that race cardSTOP IT. STOP the race card-playing in politics. I am sick of it. All it does is keep racism part of the natural order of things. This ridiculous business about George Allen using “the N word” in college is a pointless, brainless, cynical act of desperation. Now Jim Webb has come out and said he doesn’t say it as part of general discourse and “never as a racial slur.” Well, give the man a medal. (How is that not a “racial slur?”) And this idiotic crack about “nobody in the South” hasn’t said it?! WRONG! I know plenty of people who I know there’s no way they’ve said “the N word,” just like they’ve never said plenty of other taboo words.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive