Monday, September 25, 2006

Freedom Train To United States

Congratulations to Darrell Anderson and I am sure many Canadians would be willing to fund transportation for him and the rest of the cowards who ran away to Canada rather than meet their voluntary commitment to military service.

Deserter heads back to U.S. for 'closure'

By NATALIE PONA, TORONTO SUN

Though army deserter Darrell Anderson is going home to face American authorities, his surrender doesn't mean he's abandoning his fight against the war in Iraq, he says.

"To go back and do my prison sentence would just give me freedom," Anderson said yesterday. "I just want to get in my uniform, go to trial and stand there and tell them I won't participate in their war."

Anderson, 24, is slated to return to the U.S. next Saturday. He sought refugee status in Canada two years ago after he was wounded during a seven-month stint in Iraq.

"I couldn't find just reason to die over there for this war or kill for it," he said.

Now he wants to face the consequences of his decision to move on with his life, Anderson said.

His American lawyer and family have been in talks with U.S. officials about his surrender, he said. Anderson faces a less-than-honourable discharge, a prison term or dishonourable discharge.

'SITTING IN LIMBO'

Anderson has been living in uncertainty since his lawyer missed the deadline to file a refugee claim.

"I can't spend the rest of my life sitting in limbo. I need closure," he said.

While in Toronto, he's been working odd jobs and relies on the generosity of Canadian friends and help from his family in the U.S.

Anderson married this year. His Canadian wife, Gail Green, said she plans to follow him to Kentucky while the matter gets sorted out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive