Friday, November 24, 2006

The People Speak Out On Quebec

I don't agree with Harper on this "nation" issue but I understand his reason for doing so and that is simply to garner votes to gain a majority in parliament and I support anything that will accomplish that and give us a strong conservative government in Ottawa. One comment to Maurizio Arani; "Your position requires so re-evaluation. Look at how well first nation status for the indians has worked!"

This proves that Stephen Harper will stoop to anything to gain votes in Quebec.
Andrew Needham, Walkerton

Quebec, as long as I can remember, has held only one wish: to seperate from Canada and be recognize as one. I say go ahead with your choice.
Cris Pedias, Toronto

The people of Quebec are distinctive in history past, in culture and heritage, language and lifestyle. They continue to play an important role in the evolution of this great country, Canada. They were priceless in the moulding of this land into nationhood. I'm proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with my French/Canadian neighbours.
Paul Mulhern, Toronto

Quebec, a nation? Sure. Just don't expect anymore transfer payments on behalf of Ontario.
Michael Driedger, Toronto

No Quebec is not a nation within Canada. There is one nation and that is all of Canada as Canadians.
Audrey Yaz, Aurora

Since Meech Lake this has been an issue. They couldn't get is passed then and it won't pass now.
Andrew Ferguson, Toronto

The French Québécois were the founding fathers of this country. Just like the First Nations are considered the first people of this country, it is only right to declare the Quebec people as a nation just like the aboriginals. There is one Canada - 10 provinces 3 teritories - that doesn't change.
Maurizio Arani, Woodbridge

Speaking out........

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive