Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Will Bet You Didn't Know

That under the new powers given to the city that:

But as CFO and deputy city manager Joe Pennachetti told me recently, the city also has the power to a fix a supplementary surcharge of $5, $10, even $25, to the $74 yearly vehicle registration fee Torontonians pay to the province.

"That (the vehicle registration surcharge) to me makes some sense ... it has a policy rationale rather than just a financial benefit," said Pennachetti, noting it could raise up to $10 million in new revenues per year.

and based on past performance if they can you can bet they will.

I take some joy in saying; "I told you so........"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive