Monday, November 27, 2006

Simple Logic Eludes Leftist City Councillors

Let's get back to basics as Downing suggests.....leave saving the world to others. Clean the streets; litter and beggars, get rid of our garbage without dumping it in some other persons backyard; get me more bang for my buck by contracting out; private haulers charge $10-15 less a ton than it costs with city workers, harmonize services; I have to rake and bag the leaves off a city tree while in the old Forest Hell you just rake them on to the road and the city picks them up; reduce congestion in the downtown core by closing underground parking lots especially the one at city hall and the list goes on and on........

I just want a livable city
By JOHN DOWNING

Readers haven’t been soothed by the Toronto election. They tell me they’re still fed up and that all the incumbents who cruised to victory shouldn’t think this was a vote of confidence.

After all, only four out of every 10 voted. Was it simply indifference?

Hardly! Many abstainers simply threw up their hands and said “what’s the use?”

Now the city is grubby compared to the good old days. Some call it a mess. (I wouldn’t go as far as the columnist who called it a “dump.”)

Many feel this group of councillors won’t improve the quality or cost of living here.

A man born here, who has moved around and now lives in Alberta, e-mailed me to say the huge difference is that most councils concentrate on basics like infrastructure while Toronto’s into micro-managing, social engineering and the grandstanding pursuit of higher status.

Less social re-engineering.......

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive