Saturday, May 17, 2014

VICTORIA DAY & COMMON SENSE...Hmmm


A liberty manifesto


anthony furey
By ,QMI Agency
First posted: | Updated:
Matt Kibbe
That said, much good could come of Canadians reading Don’t Hurt People and Don’t Take Their Stuff: A Libertarian Manifesto.

Canada has never had much of a constitutionalist tradition. We don’t run around quoting founding documents like they do down south. Then again, people do cite the 1982 Charter whenever they want more free stuff.

Nor do we possess that healthy distrust of government on which America was founded.

Kibbe, president of grassroots organization FreedomWorks, begins by laying down the rules for liberty. They’re pretty simple: Don’t hurt people, don’t take people’s stuff, take responsibility, work for it, mind your own business, fight the power.

But these days there’s a resistance to simple things. “Free people live and let live,” Kibbe writes. “Free people don’t have any great designs on the freedoms of other people, and we expect them to return the favour. I figure I have enough on my plate just keeping myself straight, protecting the people I love, getting my work done.”

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive