Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Garbage Dump In Our Own Backyard

Rather than throwing garbage over our neighbor's fence why don't we look after it in our own backyard......how about taking over part of the Toronto islands? If this plan was proposed I will bet that construction of an incinerator would start the next morning.

Dump deadline midnight
By ZEN RURYK, CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF

With a midnight deadline set for tonight, Toronto officials are working to clear a major hurdle in the city's controversial plan to buy a London-area dump.

Mayor David Miller said yesterday he didn't see any imminent danger of the dump deal falling through.

City council adopted a plan in September to spend $220 million to buy the Green Lane landfill. Negotiators have been trying to hammer out a purchase agreement before the offer expires at midnight.

If the deal goes through, the city will take possession of the dump in the spring, despite opposition from many.

"I anticipate a successful result throughout (the purchasing process), but in any negotiation with anything this complex -- with so many variables -- I wouldn't want to prejudge," Miller said.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive