Friday, December 29, 2006

Everyone Agrees Homelessness Is Tragic

And they want to help solve the problem but not in TOBY.....as long as it is not in Their Own Back Yard. On a personal level I agree that homelessness is a problem and I have no objection to helping those that are down on their luck but I have to keep asking why it costs something like $16K-32K, depending on what census figure you believe, per person. IMHO homelessness has become a cottage industry for many social in-activists.

At the same time we have to applaud the efforts of those who volunteer to deal with the problem........

Some 100 Beach residents have already volunteered to help with the program at St. Aidan's. They and other supporters should attend the public meeting in full force to convince their neighbours this worthy project should open as planned.

.....and I will bet that many of them are long time residents of The Beach when it was a neighborhood and not a refuge for downtown gentry who have fled to the area over the last couple of decades.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive