Thursday, December 28, 2006

You Can't Kiss Butt & Speak Out At The Same Time

So it is not surprising No Plan B Miller has nothing to say about MPP pay increase plus Moscoe and he maybe started a trend......

Mayor Miller keeping mum on 25% pay raise for MPPs TheStar.com - Unassigned - Mayor Miller keeping mum on 25% pay raise for MPPs

Toronto Star

The mayor isn't about to get into the debate about the 25-per-cent pay hike for members of the provincial parliament.

He has been asked several times about the issue, especially since city councillors caught a lot of flak for giving themselves a relatively modest 9-per-cent pay increase earlier this year.

"I thought what we did was appropriate," Miller said.

"We hired an independent body and they advised us. We set the level of salary for councillors and the mayor at a little bit higher than the average for the Greater Toronto Area. Not the highest; councillors and the mayor in Mississauga, for example, and Ottawa make more than councillors in Toronto, but it's a fair wage. It was an election issue. The people of Toronto returned me and I think the way we did it was appropriate. I'm not going to comment on Queen's Park."

The pay hike took a councillor's salary from $87,214 to $95,000 and the mayor's salary from $147,856 to $160,000.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive