Monday, February 26, 2007

I Can See Me Sharing A Beer With Pat MacAdams

I think we both take a cynical look at life and question, to no avail it seems, the Baskin Robbins issue of the day. Personally I feel these things are brought up so social in-activists can make it into a cottage industry where they suck of the teats of liberal do-gooders in government.

Blasted green giants!
By PAT MacADAM
Ottawa SUN

I hadn’t planned a column about the environment until I received an e-mail from a pal in Oakville. He attended the Travel Media Association of Canada’s annual meeting in London, Ont., last weekend.

He said that David Suzuki, (a.k.a. Captain Ecology), was the guest speaker. Mentioning Suzuki’s or Elizabeth May’s name to me is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

My opinion of the pair is that they are environmental terrorists who are making a good living playing Chicken Little.

Chicken Little is the character in the children’s story who thought the sky was falling when an acorn fell from a tree and hit him on the head.

My correspondent reported that Suzuki arrived in his big bus (“with his name and photo egotistically plastered along both sides of it”) in plenty of time to pocket a bunch of loot doing book signings before getting a free meal and “making a self-aggrandizing speech. (Can you tell I don’t really care for the gentleman?)

“The Great One submitted to a question and answer session after his talk and one person in the audience stood up to ask him how he could spout on about the environment when his great big bus had been left running outside the London Conference Centre for a considerable amount of time so that he could depart in a warm vehicle.

“He blurted out that it was a diesel. Thereupon, a minion was dispatched to tell the driver to shut the bloody motor off!

“As Louis Armstrong (who usually had to

sit at the back of the bus)

once sang: ‘It’s A Wonderful World.’ ”

Bland leading bland

More

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive