Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Re-incarnation Of Bono


The hysteria to get tickets doesn't surprise me. The environment is the Baskin Robbins flavor of the day....last year it was the hungry in Africa, tomorrow ???????

GORE GETS ROCK STAR TREATMENT IN CANADA...

Tree-huggers Gored
Bidding war over tix to see former U.S. vice-president's speech on global warming
By MICHELE MANDEL

Green giant Al Gore swept into town last night for his one night show on global warming that generated more heat than a rock concert.

And the former U.S. vice-president came bearing an inconvenient message for Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his rejection of the Kyoto accords.

"Canada in the past has been known for its leadership, and I think now is a time when some people put a question mark after Canada on this," Gore said, after alighting from a limousine -- gas-operated, by the way -- for his sold-out speech to 1,500 at the University of Toronto's Convocation Hall.

"I'm not a citizen of Canada but it's awful important for Canada to live up to its reputation," he said. "I love Toronto, I love Canada. Canada, I'm convinced, is going to come back on the right path."

The popular Gore road show on climate change, based on his Oscar-nominated documentary An Inconvenient Truth, has criss-crossed the globe -- just imagine the fuel emissions -- but left many of his Toronto environmental fans out of luck.

The tickets, which sold out in minutes a few weeks ago, were hotter than the Leafs in a playoff drive -- not that we can remember such a thing. At Kijiji, a free Toronto classified web site, the desperate were seeking ducats right up until the last moment and a fierce bidding war was the result.

Hysteria......

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive