Sunday, February 25, 2007

A Message To Entertainers Who Want To Save The World

The operative word is "actor."

gay Actor Speaks Some Sense
Posted by GayPatriot at 9:55 am - February 23, 2007.
Filed under: Movies, TV & Pop Culture, Gay Politics, Gay America

Newly-openly gay actor Neil Patrick Harris (aka - Doogie Howser) is featured in an interview in the March 2 Entertainment Weekly magazine. He is profiled in what EW bills as “his first chat since announcing he’s gay.”

In the interview, Harris states one of the most eloquent, simple and yet multi-layered facts about him being a gay actor. It is definitely the quote of the week for me:

But as happy as Harris is to be out, he’d be even happier if we could just stop talking about it. “As much as I respect advocacy, I don’t feel that my job description is ‘advocate.’ My job description is ‘jester.’”

Bravo. If only Harris could talk some sense into the Dixie Chicks and Barbara Streisand, we’d all be better for it.

-Bruce (GayPatriot)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive