Friday, October 20, 2006

Enough Is Enough Is Right On The Money

Thursday, October 19, 2006

See Millerwatch get annoyed.

I am more than a little annoyed.

I got an email this afternoon from a concerned voter. Someome who is supposed to be one of David Miller's core voters.

Progressive, left of centre, a woman. Not exactly what I am guessing is the core MillerWatch reader demographic :) .

She went to the David Miller campaign for some valid information, and never recieved it. She waited a reasonable period of time, then inquired again. This time she was insulted and screwed around. To the extend that she is not an anti-Miller voter. And is passing the word along to little old me.

Maybe I am too much of a political idealist, but reading her email got my blood boiling. Whereever we sit on the political spectrum, regardless of issues we differ on, the bottom line is that we are all humans, and deserve to be treated as such. If I answer the phone in a campaign office and it is someone complaining, until they disrespect me, they get the same respect supporters do.

This may sound cliche, but I have Liberal friends, and Dipper friends, and Communist friends (no really), Republican friends, Democrat friends, single issue friends. They are all my friends. I do not shun people because they have different opinions.

Too often candidates forget how to treat people.

I have always said, who you vote for is way less important than that fact that you got off the couch and voted. Nothing pisses me off more than campaiging at someone's door, or meeting someone at a subway stop and they confidently pronounce 'I dont vote' and thumb their nose at me.

Might as well wear a sign that says I'm a Coward.

posted by Enough is Enough

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive