Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Goldstein Versus Mercer

Has Mercer sold out to the establishment? Is his humour nothing more than a disguised infomercial for the leftists?

Hey Rick, what about Bob?

By LORRIE GOLDSTEIN

Dear Rick Mercer:

You say on your blog you enjoy giving advice to people.

Me too. My advice to you is that you're not as funny as you used to be.

Not since you did those One Tonne Challenge commercials for the feds back when the Liberals were in power.

The first time I saw one, I thought it was one of your "Rick's Rants" and eagerly awaited the punch line.

But you weren't joking.

Or rather, since you were paid $85,000 and the One Tonne Challenge program turned out to be a $37-million bust, I guess the joke was on us taxpayers. Ha, ha, ha!

Word of advice, Rick. When you're a political satirist, it's probably not a good idea to take a paycheque from the government you're satirizing.

By the way, you know that Kyoto thing the One Tonne Challenge was promoting?

You do realize that if the Liberals had ever actually implemented the Kyoto targets they committed us to and then promptly forgot about, they would have sent our economy straight into the toilet, right? And that with the massive loss of tax revenues that would have followed, heck, the feds might have even had to sell the CBC.

Hmm ... Come to think of it, I'm still game if you are, Rick!

More


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive