Friday, October 13, 2006

General Comments

I am an novice when it comes to Blogging and therefore tend not to be critical but the one thing I do agree with is that some bloggers, like their counterparts on Usenet and Message Boards, do take themselves too seriously and overrate their impact on the real world. The recent defeat of Lieberman is attributed to the anti-Liberman blogs but I think the reality is that it was the mainstream media's reporting of the blogs that made the difference.

I give you these observations from http://bamapachyderm.com/

Well, shoot. It’s all been said.
* Blogs are nothing new, except the name
* Too many bloggers all saying the same crap
* Pressure to blog leads to carelessly blasting opinion about stuff bloggers don’t know enough about
* Pressure to get links leads to needless controversy instead of reasoned discussions
* Bloggers don’t know web design or web etiquette, or ignore them
* Blogging is getting too commercial

So here’s my original contribution to the list:
* If you come too late to the party, everyone else will already have said what you were gonna say :-
* Blogging is supposedly making traditional journalism obsolete. Baloney. Bloggers are taking themselves far too serious.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive