Saturday, October 21, 2006

Putting Yourself In The Same Boat As OCRAP

Doesn't seem to be a favourable position. The owner has every right to express his political views and unless they are extremely extreme then whether you patronize his business should be based on the service and the quality of the goods.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Power to the people.

Signs are showing up around the city, and I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth was.

OCRAP isnt the only who can protest :)

On my way to work today I noticed that my favorite local restaurant had 2 big David Miller signs up. A tear fell down my cheek, but then I started to formulate a plan.

I got off a bit early today and stopped in on my way home. Got up to order my takeout, and started to chat with the owner who is always friendly to me. Gave him half my order then said:

"Oh BTW, are those your David Miller signs out front?"

"Yes", he replied, "They came and put them up, and he is the mayor so I dont want to complain."

"Oh no. Thats too bad, Fahim. I cant eat from here with those signs up. I love my city and just can not bring myself to buy something at a David Miller supporter."

He was very apologetic, and I felt bad, but I felt I needed to stand up for a change.

Funny thing is I just got back from picking some groceries and the signs are down. I stopped in, Fahim took me by the arm and showed me the fact that the signs were down.

Mmmmm. Glad I can get back to having my Chicken Tikka Masala when I want it :)

Business should not put campaign signs up, regardless of the political party or ideology. Its stupid to alienate your customers.

posted by Enough is Enough

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I lean to the right but I still have a heart and if I have a mission it is to respond to attacks on people not available to protect themselves and to point out the hypocrisy of the left at every opportunity.MY MAJOR GOAL IS HIGHLIGHT THE HYPOCRISY AND STUPIDITY OF THE LEFTISTS ON TORONTO CITY COUNCIL. Last word: In the final analysis this blog is a relief valve for my rants/raves.

Blog Archive